Wednesday 12 September 2012


ARTIST STATEMENT

We were required to produce a minimum duration of 30 seconds to a maximum duration of 60 seconds video that is related to the theme given ‘Time and Space’.


Time and space


VIDEO
In my video I decided to relate time and space into something that I like to do when I have some free time which is skateboarding. 
Moments that are related to time and space but at the same time is related to me as well. 
After doing some research on time and space, I got to know that our surrounding is related to time and space.
 I created a video that has something to do with skate and our surrounding. In my video, I expressed time and space by showing a person walking and after that starts skating while the surrounding of the area changes in every step he takes. 
As he walks and skates in a different time, the space he is at changes to another and then to another. The title of my project is ‘ROLL’ because I showed in my video a skater doing his roll move on his skateboard only.


CONCEPT BOARD
For my concept board, I did something that relates with skate, time and also space. I decided to take a picture of a skater with the sun shining and after that edited the background into different colours that represents the feel of the changes of the different surroundings in my video and at the same time shows the feel of different moments and time. 
I positioned the skater on the south area of the concept board and left a lot of space on top to express the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment