Wednesday 14 November 2012

TOPIC 1 

Brainstorming

Topic : CANCER AWARENESS
Target Audience : Public , Cancer Surviving Patient (no age limit)
Gender : Men and Women
Purpose : Public awareness and to give hope to others.
Theme :  "I Survived"


Research & Fact Finding

Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the body. Cancerous cells are also malignant cells. Cancer grows out of normal cells in the body. Normal cells multiply when the body needs them and dies when the body doesn't need them. Cancer appears to occur when the growth of cells in the body is out of control and cells divide too quickly. It can also occur when cells forget how to die. There are different kinds of cancer. Cancer can develop in almost any organ or tissue, such as the lung, colon, breast, skin and bones.



Cancer Awareness usually comes in the symbol of a ribbon.
 Each ribbon comes with a different colour that represents a different type of cancer.










Precedence Studies










Ideation Process For Conceptual Screen Design
(Cancer Awareness)

Mind Map :



Sketches :

Sketch 1



Sketch 2 :


Sketch 3 :



Chosen Design :
(Sketch 3)


So basically, my design from sketch 3 shows that there are human figures in the middle and a title on the top.
The title for my cancer awareness screen design will be 'I SURVIVED' and there will be some human figures underneath it.


Concept

My Screen Design will be a design made to make the public realize that there are people around us who are cancer patients and also survivors. My Screen Design will show some type of cancers that are available, including the symptoms and how to get medication. This is to make people be more aware of cancer in order to save more lives.


Screen Design Process:
(Cancer Awareness)




For my Screen Design, I decided to only explain about 6 types of Cancer and the colour of  their ribbon:

1. Prostate Cancer (Light Blue)
2. Bone Cancer (Yellow)
3. Brain Cancer (Grey)
4. Lung Cancer (White)
5. Testicular Cancer (Purple)
6. Breast Cancer (Pink)


Process :

I used Adobe Illustrator to create screen design:

I used the text tool  to create the title and a pink ribbon to represent cancer awareness.

The Pen Tool is used to create the vector of a human being.

5 other vectors of a human being is created with the pen tool. 
The colour of their t-shirts are all different and is based on the colours of the type of cancer chosen.

Final Work :


The title of my conceptual screen design is "I Survived". The pink ribbon represents the letter "I" and it is also one of the symbol of cancer awareness.
I used the vector of human beings with each one of them using different kinds of clothing with different type of colour based on the cancer type that I have chosen.
For my Conceptual Screen Design, the human beings represents the types of cancer and when you click on them , information about that type of cancer will appear.




No comments:

Post a Comment